Cheers to the web prodigy @shl for the tweet.
- Pinterest focuses on one thing only, images. Simplicity like Instagram. Tumblr allows posts on text, quotes, pictures, video, link, chat, and audio.
- “Repin” conjures quickness. Publish, boom, we feel like contributors. “Reblog” sounds lengthy. Internet denizens have 3 second attention spans.
- Pinterest is a Facebook Timeline app which means your pins show in the real time ticker. Log into Facebook, you can’t miss your friends’ pins. Tumblr awaits.
- Pinterest is searchable. Tumblr search is confused by the plethora of mixed media content and too many tags. Again, simplicity.
- Pinterest users all have the same looking template. Like Facebook. Tumblr has 1000+ designs to choose from including create your own.
- Pinterest is a girl’s world. Tumblr is for “Teebowing.”
Whenever you buy one of the recommended products above on Amazon, Wellsbaum.blog earns an affiliate fee as part of the Amazon Associates Program. Your purchase helps support my blog efforts and pay for expenses such as hosting and domain renewal.