Indonesia is not really search-savvy, not really accustomed to using Google to search for things…it’s very important that they can…make it a conversation.
Indonesia never even saw Web 1.0. All it knows is two-way conversation through social networks using mobile phones.
Indonesia is already in a post PC era and using social as a currency for conversation and commerce exchange.
So it makes me wonder why Square is pushing so hard in the US when Indonesia is begging for a micropayment revolution.
Here are some intriguing numbers on hyper connected Indonesia. Keep in mind that only 25% of its population is online.
- 3rd largest Facebook market (43m)
- 5th largest Twitter market
- 90% of Indonesians own mobile phones
Indonesia may not be a BRIC country but it’s clearly a digital leader and bellwether of what mobile and social can do to expedite communication and trade.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏