Humans are not made to be sedentary. We are born to walk, run, and hunt. Our bones serve to help our survival.
But we sit all day long. It starts in Elementary school and lasts the rest of our lives, through work and into retirement.
Excessive sitting is a lethal activity. – James Levine
Sitting kills you. If you don’t move often, you’ll get fat, sleepy, a bad heart, and you’ll be underproductive.
If you’re not a runner, then just walk. 15 minutes of movement or 2,000 steps prevent you from gaining weight. If you want to lose weight, you’re going to have to run and eat right.
Exercise combined with a healthy diet keep both body and mind fit. But don’t forget to take breaks and walk about. Thanks to Steve Jobs, an avid walker, you can answer emails and social network on your phone. You may even want to consider standing while working. My mom does this and remains hyperactive all day, enough to come home and take care of three hungry boys.
My favorite part about walking is the meditative, creative, and discovery benefits. When we’re more relaxed, our perspective is deeper. We’re more open to life’s possibilities.
In short, move. Move more often than you think. Your life and productivity depend on it.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏