As we get older, we care less about looks and more about functionality. When’s the last time you had to have a cool pair of running shoes?
When we’re younger, the things we desire are all about slickness and impressing others. This often meant buying the most popular and expensive Nike sneakers.
The opposite material desires run true between kids and adults as well. Adults like expensive antiques to show off to friends. Children don’t see any value in buying art; they want to make it.
What we want and when we want it depends on age, with materialism being an equal obsession at different stages in life. Neither adults nor children can asses real value. Things are merely things.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏