- Today’s migrants are going it alone without hiring a trafficker. All migrants need are water, shelter, and a Smartphone. Once connected, they can post status updates and ask Facebook Groups for the next best route. Said a Syrian migrant on his way to northern Europe:
“Every time I go to a new country, I buy a SIM card and activate the Internet and download the map to locate myself.”
- Instagram updated its app this week to allow full landscape and portrait photos, moving beyond the square.
“It turns out that nearly one in five photos or videos people post aren’t in the square format, and we know that it hasn’t been easy to share this type of content on Instagram.”
3. For the first time ever, 1 billion people logged into Facebook in a single day. Twitter, roughly 1/4 the size of Facebook, exploded in awe.
On mobile, the most popular browser is Facebook, not Safari or Chrome
— Benedict Evans (@BenedictEvans) August 27, 2015
Facebook’s celebration though was short-lived. On Wednesday, it took criticism along with Twitter for autoplaying video from the Virginia murder.
4. VHS Cam released this week and turns back the clock on your videos by making them appear worse. Here’s some of mine. But this one may be my favorite:
5. Vine allows you to include snippets of music in your videos. Assuming the music is licensed, this could be a huge opportunity for those musicians looking to monetize their music beyond to paid downloads and streaming.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏