“On the Internet, no one knows you’re a dog.” – Peter Steiner cartoon, The New Yorker
“On the internet, no one can hear you screw up.” – Reddit founder Alexis Ohanian
On the Internet, you can hide behind a screen and project your best self to the world. Scroll through anyone’s Instagram and Facebook feed and you’ll just see their life highlights.
People love Snapchat and live video because it’s acceptable to look flawed. You stutter and have disheveled hair just like every one of us. People can relate to the imperfect.
On the Internet, you script and direct the movie of your life. You can put on a Hollywood act, and you can share your real experience and be authentic.
The real you is someone between your Instagram and Snapchat profile. But the only way to verify that is to meet you in real life.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏