Color can also be used to describe sounds. Here’s how our brain processes white, pink, and brown colored noises:
- White noise has both high intensity and frequency. It’s the best to listen to while studying.
- Pink noise has a lower frequency. It’s recommended to listen to this sound while relaxing. It’s also shown to increase memory if you listen to it while sleeping.
- Brown noise has the lowest sound frequencies, like a distant waterfall. Use this to go deeper into relaxation on your way into sleeping or relieving a headache.
“White, pink, and brown noise — playing across all frequencies — are like muffling blankets of sound.”
If you still can’t seem to relax, consider planting more trees or going on nature walks.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏