Ash Walker is right: ‘They do not now yet.’
The world is just getting a taste of this emerging talent out of London who is trying to revive the sounds of trip-hop that Massive Attack and Portishead pioneered in their heyday. His latest drop ‘Dark Hour’ continues his overall downtempo vibe.
Signed to underground dub label Deep Heads, known for a library of other tasty releases from label head Zed Bias, Walker released his debut album Augmented 7 last year. The album incorporated elements of dub, reggae, and downtempo all tied to a jazz tone. Take a listen to the collaboration with soul singer Segilola below.
PS. Walker’s music also sounds a bit like Smith & Mighty who released this dub-infused bombtune back in 1995.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏