On his newest album Autricity Exhibition, named after a Joy Division song, he lets go of all the anxiety and demons that haunted his 2014 depression. He also wanted more respect from his rap peers who seemed to outcast him for his weirdness. Nas was happy to tell him otherwise, and to stop complaining and get to work.
“Stop thinking about everything else and go with the actual thing that got you here. Sit there and fucking do the work. Put the beat on and let the fucking shit happen. Something is going to happen.”
And it did. What results is even darker, twisted rap, which remains true to his unique persona. “Really Doe” is one of those standout tracks, in which Brown raps “Show me somethin’ I ain’t seen before.” Peep it below, and download the album if you want to warp into a different dimension. 👊
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏