This scene looks all too familiar. The people obtained their own social media microphones and became the source of news, stealing the thrown from the professional media who lost credibility creating and curating our news. How could the New York Times et al. predict the Presidential election all wrong?
But the new class of information gatekeepers is irresponsible, publishing news that’s false, rendered credible by the spread of it by our very own President-elect who of all people should be the arbiter of the facts.
So who should we believe — the news, the people, or the bombastic influencers who tweet themselves to hegemony? In today’s world, you have no choice but to create your own original opinion. Unfortunately, most people will adopt perspectives from the highest power. In a controlled democracy a la Russia and Turkey, the people at the top shape the views of their constituents.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏