Discovery requires effort. It’s for this reason we outsource the work to algorithms. We don’t want a list of items completely unfamiliar.
Spotify’s Discover Weekly succeeds because it balances the unknown and the recognizable. Familiarity breeds trust. Algorithms are the new peer recommendations.
But behind every machine is a human engine. From the curators to the avant-garde, someone has to know the difference between the good and the bad and what makes a piece of art edgy.
Art stirs emotions and requires human sensibility. When it comes to algorithms, brains and emotions are still the equalizers, for now.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏