Beats, rhymes, and pieces. That’s what you’ll hear from prolific musician Oddisee, a native of the Diamond District. He’s back again with his third release in a dozen months with The Iceberg, an album that sees him grapple with the issues related to culture, race, and politics. The White House barred him from performing at Obama’s Farewell for his “controversial” lyrics on the track ‘Lifting Shadows.’
If the tune ‘NNGE’ is any indication, Oddisee is prepared to sharpen his words to meet these darker times.
“I grew up witnessing many protests come to Washington DC. This song continues that tradition by using words of encouragement over production inspired by the native sounds of DC music.” — Oddisee
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏