- “The greatest secret of a powerful memory is to bring information to life with your endless imagination.” I'm reading World Memory Champion Kevin Horsley's book Unlimited Memory so I can learn how to make better mental movies.
- Everything is design. These images of abandoned insane asylums show architecture that was designed to heal. Meanwhile, photographers have photographed the eerie industrial cities in China where no one lives.
- CEO of 3D Robotics and former Wired editor in chief Chris Anderson explains why “phones and drones are “negentropic” devices” that get better over time because of upgrades in software. Cars and homes, on the other hand, are ‘entropic' devices that decline with age.
- “As for the best leaders, the people do not notice their existence,” said Lao Tzu. Democracy is nimble. Here's a primer on the term deep state. Like me, you may be asking so who's really in control?‘
- Quote I'm chewing on: “I don’t really worry about the reward, but to set in motion the machinery to achieve it. My contribution will be the measure of my reward and success.” — Bruce Lee
- Minimalism is “one of the most gratuitous displays of privilege out there.” Here's a Louis Vuitton an iPhone case that costs seven iPhones.
digging in the crates
- Greymatter is Brighton-based electronic producer Graham Luckhurst. After a two-year hiatus of being “pigeonholed into deep house,” he’s back with his new album No Blood Without on his very own label Unique Uncut. | LISTEN
- Forest Swords is The Wirral/Liverpool-based electronic producer Matthew Barnes. On his latest track ‘The Highest Flood,’ Barnes continues lacing smooth dub to haunting ghostly hooks. I suspect there are more “ancient grinds” to come. | LISTEN
- Parisian producer Edn Hak makes his own Burial-esque interpretation on his new Reapers EP. ‘Wanderer’ is one of the standout cuts. It crackles on the surface before dipping into delicate, heartwarming samples and kicks. | LISTEN
Thanks for reading! If you dig the blog and want to support it, make a donation or forward this email it to a friend.