- Even when we’re not watching each other, we’re still paying attention. It’s called ambient awareness, and it happens in real life and on social media. 🔗 You’re Too Focused on What You’re Focused On
- The Metropolitan Museum only showcases ten percent of its owned pieces at any given time: “A physical museum is itself a sort of data set — an aggregation of the micro in order to glimpse the macro.” 🔗 An Excavation Of One Of The World’s Greatest Art Collections
- If you do small things, slowly, they’ll add up to something timeless. “We need to be a little bit more tortoise-y and a little less hare-ish.” 🔗 Malcolm Gladwell: Why We Shouldn’t Value Speed Over Power
- “We should go for a walk, to the coffee shop, just to get away. Even Victorian factories had some kind of rest breaks,” says workplace psychologist Michael Guttridge. 🔗 The psychological importance of wasting time
- Beeple is graphic artist Mike Winkelmann. He’s the Seth Godin of design publishing, shipping one artwork every day for the last ten years. 🔗 Celebrating the ‘Everydays’ by Beeple
digging in the crates
- The Synergy EP is a joint release between drum n bass elites Alix Perez and SpectraSoul, featuring four tracks of a soulful, smoother side of drum n bass. 🔗 Listen
- Jan Jelinek is a Berlin-based electronic producer. He’s known for his abstract style of moiré in which he reduces beat patterns to a third dimension. 🔗 Listen
- CO/R is a collaboration between techno heads Herron and Joy Orbison. The duo just released Gudrun, a vinyl 12″ from the Trilogy Tapes Store. 🔗 Listen
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Share your art by creating a site on WordPress. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog for more.
3. Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
Disclaimer: If you click on any of the links above, I may get a commission from WordPress, Grammarly, or Focus@Will respectively, which helps support all the expenses and work I do for this daily blog.