- Boys will be boys
- It’s not over until it’s over
- It is what it is
- I am what I am
- What will be will be
- A win is a win
- It ain’t over till it’s over
- A man got to do what a man got to do….etc.
And if a deadline-enforcer says “If it’s late, it’s late,” the response might be “But it’s not late late.” Here repetition indicates that the canoncial meaning of late it intended. It’s not late late, it’s just a little late.
Tautologies, like metaphors, break things down to their essence. They make things easier to accept so we can move on with the business of living.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏