Work is the practice of gathering string. But it is the empty mind that weaves experience, knowledge, and ideas altogether.
The apple may have hit Newton’s head, but his insights into gravity were brewing all along.
There is no such thing as eureka, just the gradual harmonization of distilled moments that become apparent when we least expect them to.
We think to get rid of thoughts just like “the blues is played to get rid of the blues.” But we can’t think our way to innovation. We think most effectively when we turn off the monkey mind and permit creativity to break through the hush of silence. Off is on.
Even when we are not thinking — when we’re relaxed in the shower or doing the dishes — we’re thinking. We are always chewing on context, bringing excitement to the habitual self.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏