Give the drummer some! Below are some interesting reads in creativity, culture, and tech from this week. Listen to the track ‘Glue’ from Belfast-based electronica duo Bicep after the jump.
- The actor turned painter/sculptor, Jim Carrey, makes art as a form of catharsis in order to bring some color to his life. His work is impressive. As he puts it in the video, “artists make models of their inner life.” Watch Jim Carrey: I Need color.
- “Museums shouldn’t be trending! They should set trends,” says the former Met director Philippe de Montebello. Great read on How the Metropolitan Museum of Art Can Reclaim Its Glory in the age of cell phone screen irreality.
- “Analysts warned of several metric tons of dopamine and cortisol careening through the global economy.” This business piece made me laugh.
- The internet seems to be part of the air, ubiquitous and invisible. But what if you could get closer to the servers and cooling fans and take a listen? Explore What The Internet Sounds Like.
- Facebook is surveillance, and we give Big Brother the benefit of the doubt in selling our information to marketers in exchange for the ease of communication with so-called ‘friends.’ Thoughts?
Thought of the week
New track on loop
Digging in the crates
Thanks for reading. Have a great weekend!
Wells Baum (@bombtune)
Since you are here…
I spend a lot of time digging the web for cool stuff and remixing them here. If you dig the blog, please consider becoming a patron or making a donation. A cup of coffee to helping out with hosting goes a long way!
Make a one-time donation
Contributing to the blog would help me immensely. For every contributed dollar, I can keep the blog running and continue to provide you interesting links.