So close yet so far. It appears that the closer we are to something: the gym, the pool, a loved one even, we are less likely to invest the time with them.
We avoid what’s closest to us because proximity obviates the need for effort. When it’s too easy, we have a propensity to get stuck in inertia.
Why do anything?
Procrastination is the purest form of idleness. Convenience is a lazy compromise. We need to get off our ass and jump into the world, especially when it matters.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏