Some people are on automatic pilot, competent but lacking a clear consciousness. They are drunk in their own robotic behavior, blind to the process in front of them. Writes Chris Frith in Aeon Magazine:
“Most of the time our perception of conscious control is an illusion. Many neuroscientific and psychological studies confirm that the brain’s ‘automatic pilot’ is usually in the driving seat, with little or no need for ‘us’ to be aware of what’s going on.”
Life is too short to relinquish our attention to the casino of social media’s variable rewards. If perfection is the dream of man, conscious control is too scarce in nature.
To learn to live and laugh again, to slow down like the tortoise. How on earth can we be sensible and reflective humans again?
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏