Jazz vernacular is responsible for so much of the everyday language we use today. Below is a list of slang that the music genre help popularize:
- ‘the man’
- dig it!
- put some stank on it
Fun fact: the origin of the word jazz wasn’t even music-related. The word was originally “used by baseball players and sportswriters in California as a synonym for “enthusiasm.”
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏