Can you imagine if you remembered everything?
If you tried to remember everything, your brain would never have enough space to learn new skills and ideas. It would also make you go insane. Even Einstein often forgot people’s names.
Thankfully, the mind works like a dishwasher. It retains information deemed relevant for later use and discards the rest.
Forgetfulness optimizes for better decision-making. Says professor Blake Richards, “It’s important the brain forgets irrelevant details and focuses on what will help make decisions.”
In the era of 24/7 distraction of digital data, a mild memory is more vital than ever. The imagination is more important anyway. World Memory Champion Kevin Horsley put it best in his book Unlimited Memory: “The greatest secret of a powerful memory is to bring information to life with your endless imagination.”
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏