Well-spoken, cynical, and eerily accurate, in 1966 these kids predicted what life would be like in the year 2000.
Their predictions include:
- The rise of robots and job loss due to automation
- The threat of nuclear war
- Globalization and the destruction of cultures (note: they couldn’t have foreseen the backlash)
- Population and overcrowding
- Genetically modified foods
- Sea level rise. Warns one child: “The oceans will rise and cover England.”
Little did they know the internet would further complicate things.
It’s your turn. What will life be like in the year 2050?
Whenever you buy one of the recommended products above on Amazon, Wellsbaum.blog earns an affiliate fee as part of the Amazon Associates Program. Your purchase helps support my blog efforts and pay for expenses such as hosting and domain renewal.