Want to remember more of what you read? Give your brain a 10-15 minute rest. No phones, no distractions, just pure boredom, a quiet room and dimmed lights.
Why do we need to reduce interference?
It takes longer for new information to encode and simply consuming more or squandering time on social media will make it even hard to remember.
When we let the mind wander, the brain works backward and connects the dots, cementing those memories that were previously unlinked.
So stop chasing extra stimulation and let your brain rest in its own presence. Your memory will thank you for it.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏