We all know what it feels like to be on a roll. The enthusiasm synchs up with the effort to produce a feeling of flow. The vibe is right.
But what goes up must come down
Inspiration ebbs. Motivation falters. Humans are inconsistent.
Advises record producer and co-founder of Def Jam Records Rick Rubin:
“When on a roll of any kind, always maintain it as long as possible. Momentum isn’t always easy to conjure.”
The dip is inevitable. To sustain momentum, consider that discipline is the backbone of motivation. Habits push us on the days we don’t feel like working.
Like an improvisational jazz player, we’re always in tune, ready before it’s time.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏