All we are trying to do is get people to slow down in this fast-paced, dizzying world, and consider our work.
First, we have to earn attention. Then, we have to win trust. Then, we have to convince people to come back without a carrot, flash, or a prompt.
Standing out in a world of ubiquitous ads, SEO hacks, and influencer polluters are hard.
The machines give people what they think they want: more vulgarity.
People are unaware of what they want and why they want it.
The dopamine-spitting hooks cultivating attention may be killer. But they’ve already outlined their destination to the end.
Honest, timeless work comes pre-optimized. It races to the top, albeit more in the pace of a tortoise rather than a hare.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏