Novelty is what keeps us coming back for more. It is the sugar of our existence.
Updated iPhone models, fresh tweets, a new day — novelty keeps us interested.
Of course, novelty is designed to keep us hooked. We pull the lever at a casino or refresh Instagram because of the variable rewards. We watch March Madness because anything can happen.
Time and activity have cash value. Their restlessness keeps us coming back. Rolling the dice, we expecting the unexpected, drawn like a magnet to parts unknown.
Novelty wears off but it never decays. Boredom is temporary, newness is permanent.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏