“Orwell feared those who would deprive us of information. Huxley feared those who would give us so much that we would be reduced to passivity and egoism. Orwell feared that the truth would be concealed from us. Huxley feared the truth would be drowned in a sea of irrelevance.”
— Neil Postman, Amusing Ourselves to Death
Originally published in 1985, this book sounds strangely familiar today. For more on the rampant artifice and spin, read this piece from Vox.
Since you are here...
- Everyone should blog. Read my tutorial on how to set up a blog on WordPress
- Download the best FREE writing tool on the planet, Grammarly
- Check out the tools I recommend for all creatives on Amazon
- Increase your productivity with scientifically optimized music to help you focus
- Dig the blog? Make a donation 🙏