- Let your art make the rounds. Don’t hide it.
- Don’t try to be everywhere. Pick a place and be consistent.
- Rules are recommendations. Feel free to break them, recast, and remix them.
- Rest when you’re underperforming. Don’t quit.
- The muse is nonexistent. Inspiration is bunk. Habit is a bicep curl for the brain.
I hope the above helps you push through CRAP (criticism, rejection assholes, pressure). Bonus points for embracing the messy middle.
Art via maorisaki
Write your way to the life you want.
Since you are here… 🙏
…I have a small favor to ask. If you enjoy the blog and want to support high-quality posts, please help support wellsbaum.blog with a small $5 donation below. You can also contribute what you want right here. If you have already donated, thank you for your continued support.
EXPLORE MORE POSTS