- Zeigarnik Effect: Finish what you start or it’ll nag. Do it and you’ll forget about it.
- Tetris Effect: Playing video games transfers those virtual blocks into reality, not only when you dream.
- Endowment Effect: You appreciate something more if you own it or if it took a lot of work to make. The pleasure is in the story.
Call them what you want but these effects are real. The mind works in mysterious ways.
PS. Now for my second cup of coffee which I heard when you follow up with an immediate nap produces the ultimate wakeup effect.
If you're an WRITER or aspiring blogger, I highly recommend doing these 3 things:
1. Read Do the Work by Steven Pressfield
2. Create your own blog and publish something new every day (read my post on how to set up a FREE blog on Wordpress).
3. Buy an All-Access Pass from Masterclass to learn from the best writers in the world.