105-year-old Japanese doctor Shigeaki Hinohara shared his six tips for a healthy life before he passed away in July.
‘6 tips for a healthy life' (in summary):
- Retire late (very late)
- Watch your weight
- Have fun
- Share what you know
- Don’t worry about material possessions
- Take the stairs
In other words, keep your brain active and the curiosity engine running, don't eat crap or in excess, relax and let go, educate and inspire, try to be minimalist, and move around often.
The mind is the kite and the heart is the string. The body and mind work in symphony. Practice what you preach.
You may also like:
If you're an WRITER or aspiring blogger, I highly recommend doing the following:
1. Create your own Wordpress site and publish something new every day. It'll be the best investment you make. Just do it. If you need help, read my guide on how to set up your blog.
2. Download Grammarly to improve your writing and proofread all your work, even emails. Try it for free here.
3. Buy an All-Access Pass from Masterclass to learn from the best teachers in the world.
4. Read Do the Work by Steven Pressfield