“The newer, exciting stuff is coming from startups, but Facebook is really going to be the glue at the middle.- Bill Lee
Let’s set the record straight:
- You still visit Facebook but maybe less often
- You love the newer interest based networks like Instagram and Pinterest but still log in to Facebook as your central social network
- You probably also enjoy communicating one to one on Snapchat and Twitter. But you still use Facebook to chat and send messages.
BUT there are clear warning signs of Facebook attrition:
- The Facebook experience is littered with irrelevant ads
- Facebook feels like email. We hate email, especially those who work for a living:/
- Our Facebook friends share boring and spammy content. Time to defriend.
Facebook will never be what it once was. It’s overstretched. But it’ll continue to acquire hot and upcoming networks like Instagram to keep its brand relevant and its business growing. Watch out Pinterest.
“Google, Wikipedia, and Facebook will Last 100 Years. – Yuri Milner
Facebook is not dying any time soon even if it feels like it.