Let’s start with the latest developments:
- Google is opening a digital download store in the cloud.
- Amazon pushing its digital download store in the cloud with Kindle Fire.
- iTunes Match promises to match the music library for everywhere play.
- Spotify is growing users fast since the Facebook integration.
Note: All services allow streaming and downloads (except Spotify).
So let’s see how this really plays out:
- Read music blogs to discover new music
- Open up Spotify to stream the music you read about
- Make a playlist of those Spotify songs
- Go to amazonmp3 store and download songs for ¢10 less than iTunes
- Use amazon cloud player to listen to these songs on the go (Android only)
- Upload these downloaded songs into iTunes for safekeeping and organization
Upshot: There’s a lot of service shifting to ensure music discovery, streaming, and collecting.
Fast forward 1 month upon iTunes official cloud arrival:
- Read music blogs
- Open iTunes and stream the music you read about
- Download music on iTunes cloud and take it with you everywhere
What are your music listening/collecting habits? Comment below.