- “If a mind was so simple we could understand it, we’d be too simple to understand the mind.”
- In Japan, it's considered a badge of honor to nap in meetings. It's called “inemuri.”
- I've stopped Tweeting, but started Instagramming daily and reading again.
- It hasn't even been a fortnight. Please claque. Brian Eno also shared some thoughts. But I think he was overtired.
- Bill Domonkos is a hell of a GIF maker. See sharks and this.
- Remember to “be the one that you are.” Nietzsche
- The SoundCloud generation >>> How Social Media Normalized Mediocrity: Through the Lens of Music
- “One should not use the camera as if it were a broom.” – Robert Bresson
- Procrastination has negative emotional consequences. We spend more time fretting about getting something done than actually doing it. Why We Procrastinate — And How We Can Stop
- Humans want wings.
digging in the crates
- Ben Hauke is a beat maker from South-East London. His latest release for house label Church The Rough, Ready, Steady EP features the off-kilter but groovy house jam ‘Take that Blame.’ LISTEN
- Throwing Snow is London-based electronic musician Ross Tones. ‘Prism (1)’ is the lead single from his forthcoming album Embers. The track ebbs and flows in kaleidoscopic arpeggios, crunching in a rolling piano to techno synth sensations. LISTEN
3. Paul White is back with some new music on an all new beat tape, Everything You’ve Forgotten. One of my favorite tracks ‘Maori Baby Junior,’ is the kind of downtempo goodness White is known for. LISTEN
5. Boxwork is South London electronic producer James Wilson. ‘Repertoire Unit’ is the latest single to drop from his forthcoming LP Dive Left. LISTEN
Wells Baum is creating a daily blog that collects and remixes the most interesting pieces of art, beats, life, and technology from around the web. Your support goes a long way: for every contribution, I can keep the blog running and continue to provide you interesting links.