A lot of our day to day conversations are unspoken. We communicate with other people with simple gestures and movements.
The nod is one of the most popular ways to communicate. It can mean various things:
When we nod our head up and down:
- Agreement. A nod to say yes.
- Signaling. A nod to say go ahead.
- Greeting. A nod to say hello or what’s up.
But when we nod our head to the side, it can mean the exact opposite:
- Disagreement. A nod to say no.
- Warning. A nod to caution.
- Disgust. A nod to detest.
We use unspoken communication to agree or disagree, all based on which direction we tilt our head.