How often do you break the rules? How often are you the person to stand up against something everyone knows is absurd?
People are standing up to fight wrongdoing:
- Birkan Isin saved an Istanbul park from destruction and sparked Turkey’s mass protests
- Snowden gut checked the NSA and lit a worldwide discussion on the future of Internet privacy
- Ai Wewei continues to expose the flaws of “Chinese democracy” through his art
All it takes is one person to stand up and point out obvious injustices. A practical cause quickly creates awareness and widespread advocacy.
Everyone knows what’s right but is afraid to speak up or act. Racial segregtation would’ve persisted if Rosa Parks simply gave up her seat.
Rebellion is sometimes pragmatic, not a threat against the rules but a chance to question them and clean them up. But it takes balls to be the one to rise and light that fire. Risk can be life-threatening. So is inaction.
“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” – Martin Luther King Jr.
If you're an WRITER or aspiring blogger, I highly recommend doing these 3 things:
1. Create your own blog and publish something new every day (read my post on how to set up a FREE blog on Wordpress).
2. Read more. Try Audible free and experience the world's largest library of audiobooks.
3. Buy an All-Access Pass from Masterclass to learn from the best writers in the world.