“All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Doubt on purpose. Doubt in order to jump start different thinking and experiment, rising above the ordinary.
Narrow-mindedness is accepting things by default. Life requires diversity which begets progress.
Nevertheless, skepticism is only one step one in redefining existence.
Thinking different is a cop-out if there’s no creative work to back it up.
Skeptics are as equally as responsible as conformists. They have to convert questioning into viable action. Naturally, the next is doing the work.
It’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. – Scott Belsky
The biggest hurdle in any creative process though is communicating it effectively and converting the work into sales. Creativity is one part making and equal part commerce.
Making money is art and working is art and good business is the best art. – Andy Warhol
If your work matters, then it’ll probably matter to others as you convince them to share your labor of love.
In summary, here are the steps to maximizing skepticism:
- Think Different.
- Take positive, creative action.
- Communicate effectively.
- Sell your idea/art.
Uniqueness is a prompt for action, not an excuse to sit back and mock what’s already been done.
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things the matter. – Martin Luther King Jr.
You may also like:
If you're an WRITER or aspiring blogger, I highly recommend doing the following:
1. Create your own Wordpress site and publish something new every day. It'll be the best investment you make. Just do it. If you need help, read my guide on how to set up your blog.
2. Download Grammarly to improve your writing and proofread all your work, even emails. Try it for free here.
3. Buy an All-Access Pass from Masterclass to learn from the best teachers in the world.
4. Read Do the Work by Steven Pressfield