- The basics endure.
- Mashups fade.
- Advancements become iterations rather than innovations.
Simple works but is hardly desirable. People like their products dressed up. But the extra coating just slows everything down. At the end of the day, people want to use something that works.
- Twitter is noisy. RSS works.
- Styling is a pain. Markdown works.
- The unnecessary trash can icon that imitates the appearance of a dumpster. Flat design works.
Design always starts with the guts, the minimum amount of input that produces the maximal result.
Keep it simple. Make it nice but most importantly, make sure it works.
If you're an WRITER or aspiring blogger, I highly recommend doing these 3 things:
1. Read Do the Work by Steven Pressfield
2. Create your own blog and publish something new every day (read my post on how to set up a FREE blog on Wordpress).
3. Buy an All-Access Pass from Masterclass to learn from the best writers in the world.