- Bauer’s “Harlem Shake” is under scrutiny for its samples.
- The SXSW conference is taking slack for its 30k record attendance.
- Facebook use is on the decline.
What goes up must go down. Everything that gains popularity hits an inflection point for both hyper-growth and slow decline.
As a result:
- Bauer and his label will see limited royalties from his track all while less people consume it.
- SXSW attendance will dip year over year.
- Social users will gravitate to other social networks like SnapChat and Instagram
Popualrity signals decline. Hit tracks, events, companies may be around another 100 years but they’ll never be appreciated as they once were.