Long week. The trains finally started running on schedule again (#Sandy), another amazing fashion show happened, Obama got reelected, and it Nor’eastered. Serenity is back, for the moment.
Now for some new music:
- King Krule (aka Archy Marshall), also formerly known as bedroom musician Zoo Kid, is out with some more lo-fi goodness. The best part about Archy’s voice in “Rock Bottom” is the imperfection, the scratchiness and lack of rhythm. If you dig this, check out “Out Getting Ribs”. [File under Alernative. Sounds like Jamie T, another UK bedroom musician that’s made it big].
- New video “Feels Like We Only Go Backwards” from psychedelic rock group Tame Impala. [File under Indie rock, I suppose. Sounds like Deerhunter, Animal Collective, Real Estate etc.]
- Producer Clams Casino touched this one: ”Pull Me Down” (free download) by Mikky Ekko. Tastes like a weekend leftover. [File under Alernative Rock. Sounds like Jason Mraz met Coldplay met hip hop.]
- This liquid vibe “Substance” comes courtesy of producer Mystic Trip. [File under Drum N Bass. Sounds like LTJ Bukem.]
- “November Skies” sounds exactly liked it’s titled, cheerful yet toasty. [File under Dance. Sounds like Nick Warren, Reykjavik].
- Next level soundplate “Ghost Raid,” made for a heavy invasion. [File under Dubstep. Sounds like Harmonic 313].
- From the man that brought us “Love,” now brings us “Mating Dance.” Beat romance. [File under Beats. Sounds like DJ Cam].