- The fastest growing demographic on Twitter is the 55–64 year age bracket. This demographic has grown 79% since 2012.
- The 45–54 year age bracket is the fastest growing demographic on both Facebook and Google+.
- 189 million of Facebook’s users are ‘mobile only’ and mobile use generates 30% of Facebook’s ad revenue.
- YouTube reaches more U.S. adults aged 18–34 than any cable network.
(see the full list from Buffer)
In short, social media is not a fad.
Cheers to the web prodigy @shl for the tweet.
- Pinterest focuses on one thing only, images. Simplicity like Instagram. Tumblr allows posts on text, quotes, pictures, video, link, chat, and audio.
- “Repin” conjures quickness. Publish, boom, we feel like contributors. “Reblog” sounds lengthy. Internet denizens have 3 second attention spans.
- Pinterest is a Facebook Timeline app which means your pins show in the real time ticker. Log into Facebook, you can’t miss your friends’ pins. Tumblr awaits.
- Pinterest is searchable. Tumblr search is confused by the plethora of mixed media content and too many tags. Again, simplicity.
- Pinterest users all have the same looking template. Like Facebook. Tumblr has 1000+ designs to choose from including create your own.
- Pinterest is a girl’s world. Tumblr is for “Teebowing.”