Below is a version of my Web Gems newsletter sent out weekly to hundreds of subscribers. Sign up here to get it to your inbox.
I have some announcements to make before we begin.
- The Browser, my favorite newsletter that recommends only the best writing on the web, sent me 20 FREE three-month passes to give away. Here's the link. First come, first serve!
- I also received a special discount for 15% off on Focus@Will, scientifically optimized music to help you focus. Try the two-week free trial first. Note: I highly recommend the Ambient Channel if you're looking to kickstart that creative flow.
👉 And now for some of the most interesting links that are worth sharing this week:
- Typewriter for music. I'm still bugging out over this Keaton Music typewriter designed by Robert Keaton in San Francisco, California in 1933.
- Ellsworth Kelly Stamps. The USPS has issued a set of Elsworth Kelly's artworks as forever stamps.They're glorious.
- How alligators freeze this time of year. Watch how alligators survive a Polar Vortex.
- Mary Oliver (RIP) on her writing routine.
- “A small drop of ink makes thousands, perhaps millions think.” I wrote a 30-second read on why half-baked ideas are valuable ideas.
Thanks for reading. If you like the newsletter, subscribe below to get it straight to your inbox.