Well-spoken, cynical, and eerily accurate, in 1966 these kids predicted what life would be like in the year 2000.
Their predictions include:
- The rise of robots and job loss due to automation
- The threat of nuclear war
- Globalization and the destruction of cultures (note: they couldn’t have foreseen the backlash)
- Population and overcrowding
- Genetically modified foods
- Sea level rise. Warns one child: “The oceans will rise and cover England.”
Little did they know the internet would further complicate things.
It’s your turn. What will life be like in the year 2050?