Well-spoken, cynical, and eerily accurate, in 1966 these kids predicted what life would be like in the year 2000.
Their predictions include:
- The rise of robots and job loss due to automation
- The threat of nuclear war
- Globalization and the destruction of cultures (note: they couldn’t have foreseen the backlash)
- Population and overcrowding
- Genetically modified foods
- Sea level rise. Warns one child: “The oceans will rise and cover England.”
Little did they know the internet would further complicate things.
It’s your turn. What will life be like in the year 2050?
Enjoy this post? Please consider making a small donation to support the blog.