- Let your art make the rounds. Don’t hide it.
- Don’t try to be everywhere. Pick a place and be consistent.
- Rules are recommendations. Feel free to break them, recast, and remix them.
- Rest when you’re underperforming. Don’t quit.
- The muse is nonexistent. Inspiration is bunk. Habit is a bicep curl for the brain.
I hope the above helps you push through CRAP (criticism, rejection assholes, pressure) like Meryl Streep once did. Bonus points for embracing the messy middle.
Art via maorisaki
You may also like:
If you're an WRITER or aspiring blogger, I highly recommend doing the following:
1. Create your own Wordpress site and publish something new every day. It'll be the best investment you make. Just do it. If you need help, read my guide on how to set up your blog.
2. Download Grammarly to improve your writing and proofread all your work, even emails. Try it for free here.
3. Buy an All-Access Pass from Masterclass to learn from the best teachers in the world.
4. Read Do the Work by Steven Pressfield